News - 2013
Main content start
- Professor McKeon has been appointed to the Editorial Advisory Board of Physics of Fluids and will serve as an Associate Editor, effective January 1st 2014.
- Professor McKeon was elected as an Associate Fellow of the American Institute of Aeronauticss and Astronautics (AIAA).
- The work of the McKeon group was featured in an article in Engenious.
- Dr. McKeon's work with Dr. Ati Sharma was featured in a Focus on Fluids article in the Journal of Fluid Mechanics written by Prof. Joe Klewicki of the Universities of New Hampshire and Melbourne.
- Dr. McKeon presented an invited talk, entitled "A systems approach to wall turbulence", at the 14th European Turbulence Conference (ETC-14) in Lyon, France.
- Professor McKeon joined the Editorial Advisory Board of Experiments in Fluids.
- Dr. McKeon presented an invited talk, entitled "Morphing surfaces for flow control", at the 8th World Congress on Experimental Heat Transfer, Fluid Mechanics and Thermodynamics in Lisbon, Portugal
- Congratulations to our award winners! Ian Jacobi received the Richard B. Chapman Memorial Award in hydrodynamics, http://eas.caltech.edu/news/568, and shared the Donald Coles Prize. Subbu Duvvuri shared the Charles Babcock Memorial Award.